Looking for a healthy and easy game day snack? Check out this delicious sweet potato nachos recipe from the American Heart Association:
Here’s what you’ll need (6 servings):
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. paprika
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato or 1/3 no-salt-added, canned, diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped avocado
- Preheat the oven to 425*F. Cover the baking pans with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes thinly (about quarter-inch rounds). In a bowl, toss the rounds with olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder and paprika. Spread evenly on prepared pan (might need two pans). Bake for 10 minutes and use a spatula to flip the sweet potato rounds. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until crisp
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle beans and cheese over the sweet potatoes. Return to the oven until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato and avocado. Serve.
Nutrition Info (Per Serving):
- 209 Calories
- 1.7 g Saturated Fat
- 194 mg Sodium
For the American Heart Association’s full recipe and nutritional info click here.
Dietary needs differ for everyone, so make sure to talk to your doctor about the best options for you.