Last Updated August 2018.
Welcome to the Together in HF community, we’re glad you are here.
We work in a regulated industry and, because of the unique legal situation in the health care space, we can't engage on sensitive topics, or in discussion(s) about products - ours or other companies' - or treatment options in this community. For this reason, we want to make sure that the discussions that take place in the community stay on topic and are constructive.
If your post or comment doesn’t comply with the following basic rules, we may move your content to a conversation thread that is more applicable or remove it entirely. You must not post or transmit any materials in connection with this community that:
- Are product related (for example, mentioning the name of a prescription product);
- Include profane, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, offensive, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning content (including images, videos and links);
- Are disparaging, threatening, or condone violence or illegal behavior;
- Are not related to the purpose of this community, which aims to provide heart failure patients and caregivers resources that can facilitate better disease management and provide emotional support;
- Offer medical advice;
- Violate another’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- Are commercial (for example, by selling or promoting products or services, or recruiting fans or followers);
- Are excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the community, unrelated to heart failure or the purpose of this platform, or are spam;
- Contain proprietary, confidential, sensitive, personal, contact or nonpublic information;
- Interfere with or disrupt the community’s operation, including the operation of its servers and networks; or
- Contain any potentially harmful or disruptive computer code, such as a virus, worm, Trojan horse, spyware, etc.
In addition, healthcare practitioners are not intended to join as a medical professional, but are welcome to join as an individual caregiver for a loved one. No medical advice should be given to any members at any time. Posts of this nature may not appear or may need to be removed from our community, due to legal obligations concerning drug safety reporting.
We may notify you via e-mail to change your member name, or we may change your member name, if it is deemed inappropriate.
Be aware that members who continuously and repeatedly contravene the above rules may be removed from the community. In this case, the user would no longer be permitted to contribute or view any content in the community, or communicate through the community with us or any other members. We will attempt to notify you via e-mail if you or your content has been removed.
This community is English speaking only and, as such, any non-English-language content may be removed.
Medical side effects or adverse events
If you believe that you or someone you know has experienced any medical side effects or reactions from a product, you should consult your physician, pharmacist or other health care professional immediately.
You are also encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. To do so, visit www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Thank you for reading and being a part of the community.