It is Heart Failure Awareness Week! Stay tuned this week and learn more about this year’s focus: Empowering Patients with Knowledge and Hope!
First Topic: Engaging Your Healthcare Provider
Engaging Your Healthcare Provider Means:
• That you are “actively” sharing information about your heart failure with your doctor as well as actively listening and asking questions.
• When “engagement” happens during your doctor’s appointment, your health outcomes have a much better chance of improving.
Tips to Engage Your Doctor:
• Don’t be shy about speaking up. If you don’t understand words, treatments, or medications, ask your doctor to explain them to you.
• Be honest about your heart failure self-care management. Let your doctor know what areas you are succeeding with and areas where you struggle.
• Be an active listener.
• Be active in the decision-making process with regards to: medications, activity, diet, lifestyle.
• Before your appointment, write down any health concerns you may have. Start the visit with the most important issue.
Learn More using this link!